Look around, you will find shapes everywhere. Drawing shapes help kids to develop fine motor skills. Draw out all the different shapes on a paper and ask your child to trace over it.
Compare The Shapes
Learning shapes through games and activities are fun for kids.
- Identify with your child all the shapes around the house. For example, the door is a rectangle, the window is a square.
- Cut out a range of shapes of different sizes from color paper. Then create a picture.
- Assign a color to each shape and ask them to color it up accordingly.
- Use your body to make them understand shapes. For example, stretch your hands up or join them together to form a triangle.
- Cut out a range of shapes in various sizes (in same colour) and ask kids to sort them into group.
Math The Shapes