Waste is anything that we get rid of, throw away or do not use.
Grape stem after snack? Egg shells after breakfast? Don’t throw them away! Teach your kids how composting adds to soil for a future veggie or flower garden. A plastic bottle can take over 450 years to break down in a landfill. But instead of turning to the trash bin, you could turn these items into a pencil holder or a flower planter.
Going green is something everyone should do to help protect the environment. We can cut down our waste by implement the concept of “reduce, reuse, recycle and refuse” into our life.
Try one of these six easy ways to teach your child to go green.
- Turn off lights and television when they are not in use.
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth.
- Buy what you need.
- Passing on leftovers to someone who needs it.
- Practice recycling. Plastic, aluminum, paper, steel and more can all be recycled.
- Make DIY toys using milk jug or yogurt container.